Today is the first day of spring. Allow me to tell you a few of the things I LOVE about this time of year.
1. I can run out the door in my bare feet. (I go barefoot all winter long inside.)
2. The smell---spring has a unique fresh scent that can't be duplicated by those aerosol cans.
3. The "peepers". We live around a lot of swamps and ponds, and the baby frogs serenade us. There is no sound so beautiful.
4. I can hang my laundry out on the line.
5. The mist of green that starts to spread over everything. Isn't green a lovely color?
6. School is drawing to a close. We are winding down our homeschooling year, and although it's been a good year I'm looking forward to the slower pace of summer.
7. I can pack away our coats and boots, and my entryway/laundry room becomes less cluttered.
8. Grilled food--we had our first grilled supper the other night. Yummy!
9. The urge to organize and purge my house of excess clutter becomes almost overwhelming. This is always a good thing.
10. Taking little people outside helps them burn off energy, and be less likely to climb the walls.
Your turn!! Do you like this time of year? What are some of your favorite things about spring?