Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Some Like It Hot

 
Sometimes the solution to a problem is right under your nose, or in this case in your pantry cupboard.

  I mentioned yesterday that I had a bad cold. 

 In the afternoon it started moving to my chest and I became very congested.  I remembered that Cayenne Pepper is a natural expectorant and so I took some. 

Almost immediately I was able to cough up some of my congestion.  I'm not completely over the cold yet, but I slept a lot better last night.

You need to have a tolerance for spicy foods to use this remedy.

Put about 1 inch of very cold water in a drinking glass. 

Add about 1/8 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper and drink in one quick gulp.

You will feel a very hot burn on your throat initially, but this dissipates quickly, and your throat will feel much less sore.

Within about 10-20 minutes you will begin to cough up some of your congestion.

You can repeat this every several hours.  I even got up during the night and drank some.

I would not recommend this remedy be used for babies or children, and remember that Cayenne Pepper burns--DO NOT get it in your eyes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment I love hearing from you!