Monday, August 15, 2011

A Day In My Life



Starting my week with yet another question from Karen.  By the way you should really go check out her blog!!

"What does a typical day look like for you?"

6:00am My alarm goes off and the radio quietly begins the daily news that I rarely remember, but enjoy waking to rather than incessant beeping.

6:05am I stagger to the kitchen to pour a cup of coffee and sit at the computer to check emails and read a few blogs.

6:15am The one year old wakes up and I feed him his bottle while finishing up at the computer.

6:30am Hubby is up and in the shower, and I get breakfast for him and my eight year old son. ( he has been going to work with Daddy most of the summer )

6:45am  The two year old and six year old get up and I add bowls and spoons to the table for them to start eating breakfast while popping the baby in the high chair and feeding him bites of cereal.

7:00am Hubby and son are out the door and I start a load of laundry and dress the two youngest and start my day.

7:15am I chat on the phone with my mom a little as I start cleaning up the kitchen, and then head to my bedroom to comb my hair and make my bed.

8:00-11:00am I do my daily chores--settle squabbles between children--change diapers--answer the phone for hubbies business--not necessarily in that order, and sometimes all at once.

11:30am I fix lunch--usually we have leftovers, or sandwiches, and we eat.

12:05pm I put the two year old down for a nap while rocking the one year old with another bottle.  Six year old either reads in bed or plays quietly.

12:30pm When the babies are asleep I lay down for a fifteen to twenty minute nap myself.

1:00pm I get up and start more laundry and do a little office work and return phone calls.

2:00-5:00pm I start supper--tidy the house--fold laundry--finish daily chores, and play with babies after they get up from naps.

5:00-6:30pm Somewhere in here we eat supper depending on if Daddy will be home to eat with us or not.  After supper I load the dishwasher and tidy kitchen.

6:30-7:30pm  I take children out with me to do the chicken chores and check the garden for produce that is ripe.

7:30-8:30pm I give the babies baths and get jammies on.  Usually Daddy arrives home sometime in this time frame, and we spend a little time with him.

8:30pm Put babies to bed and shoo older boys toward the shower.  Set up my coffee maker for the next morning.  Sometimes I put another load of laundry in depending on the need.

8:30-9:00pm I sit down with my feet up and talk with hubby about the day.  We have family devotions, and send the big boys off to bed.

9:00-10:00pm I take a shower, unwind, and go to bed.

This is a typical summer day for us.  This summer has been unseasonably hot so our time outside is mostly in the evening.  Our days are very different during the school year.  Maybe sometime I'll blog about a day that includes homeschooling.



 

4 comments:

  1. That's a busy day! I'd love to hear about a day that includes homeschooling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are full, busy and wonderful days! I take my shower at night, too..nothing better to help me relax after a hard day. Now, you need to make a collage of that! It would be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy--because I'm a morning person I never thought I would like to shower at night, but you're right it's the perfect way to unwind!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to hear about your homeschool schedule. We had our first day today. A little crazy - but not too bad. But I am always looking for ideas to be more efficient with my time.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete

Please comment I love hearing from you!