Thursday, September 15, 2011

Too Many Balls In The Air



Lately--I feel like I can't keep up.

If I get the laundry done then the dishes fall behind.

If my house is tidy then I snap at my children.

If homeschooling goes well then we eat junk food instead of nutritious stuff.

If I remember to blog then I forget to feed and water my chickens. (No kidding I did this yesterday--poor chickens.)

My mom would say I have too many irons in the fire.

My hubby says I'm trying to do too much too perfectly.

I feel like I'm a juggler with a ton of balls in the air and I can't keep catching them.

Oh, and my eye is twitching uncontrollably--stress maybe?

I'm so glad that God doesn't love me based on what I get done or how well it gets done!!!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca,

    I so know how you are feeling! There are some days I feel like I have everthing under control (granted not too many) :-). But most days I feel like a cat with a long tail in a room full of rocking chairs!

    I pray you have a better tomorrow!

    Blessings,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy,
    Thanks for the encouragement! Usually this feeling doesn't last forever--thankfully, but it's frustrating while it's here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca, found you from Betsy's blog. I hear you & try to remember just one day at a time...all we can do is our best. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy Jo,
    So nice to meet you!! Thanks for the good advice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound so much like me! I know exactly how you feel--but thankfully I don't have junk food around so we do eat something decent. It also helps that we have only one toddler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I got on here and read this, I instantly wanted to give you a gigantic hug! I know daily exactly what you mean. My husband always tells me I am trying to be too perfect at everything (and he's probably right). Sometimes you just have to be okay with letting things slide. Skipping the dishes for a day is okay. Not blogging for a day is fine too. (I would recommend feeding the chickens daily though, lol!) But I think we all need the occasional reminder, especially mothers, that we don't have to be perfect at everything and we don't always have to do everything. I hope you feel better! {{Virtual hugs!}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tykes Mom, Thanks for the hugs! I decided to take last week off of blogging and that helped a lot. Sometimes eliminating one of the "ballls" makes the juggling easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well said! Good to know there are other moms out there going through the same things I am, right? :)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment I love hearing from you!