Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back to the Grind

I truly enjoyed my Christmas vacation this year.  I slept in a little, and played games with my children, and drank way too much coffee.
However, there is a part of me that longs for the normal routine.  I felt at loose ends somehow.  There were things I wanted to get done during our vacation, and I never did.  I didn't use my time wisely at all.

Don't tell anyone, but I can accomplish more while homeschooling than when I'm on vacation.

A big part of that is just that I follow a schedule during my day.  I discipline myself to get the job done.  Uh-oh, I just used the word discipline didn't I? 

Sometimes when my days are long, and I'm tired, and my children are not working diligently--I think I could accomplish so much more if they just climbed on a bus every morning.  The truth of the matter is that I would still have to organize my time--even if they went to school.

I would still have to remind them to brush their teeth.

I would still have to help with homework.

I would still need to limit my computer time. (ouch)

Life just functions better on a routine.

So, allow me to welcome you back to normal!

6 comments:

  1. Ditto. Ditto. Ditto. You are so right. (Absolutely no sarcasm!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer~I figured you would get what I was talking about.

    By the way, I don't mind sarcasm--matter of fact I kind of enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although vacation was nice, I was ready to send everyone out the door this morning. Ah, the silence! And I'm being so much more productive! ha.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy~So you're enjoying "normal" too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca, I'm sitting here at work (shhh don't tell anyone).
    There is something to be said about routine. I think we all need it.

    I work at a high school (no students today, they come back tomorrow). I know they need a routine just like I do.

    Celebrate Routine back into our lives!
    (I like to celebrate just about anything).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have realized exactly the same thing about myself! Although, with five children being homeschooled now, the school day often lasts until 4:00 in the afternoon and I still don't get a lot done. This year, when we finished for the year, I was actually able to get things accomplished--I made out a list of all the deep cleaning jobs I wanted to get done and that helped immensely. I also made it a priority to work in the garden an hour or two a day. Yesterday we finished weeding, so today after we did the bit of school we're still doing through the holidays we took off for a couple of hours at the ocean and I didn't get much done, but I needed a break anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment I love hearing from you!