Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Seriously?

Do you ever have a day that turns out nothing like you planned?

Every Monday and Friday I leave the house at noon to take Sugar Pea to a town 45 minutes away for her birth parent visits.  

They last two hours and I usually spend the time shopping.

The fact that this occurs right during my 2 and 3 year olds nap time does not make for happy moments in the store, but we cope.

Anyway, this past Monday I loaded up the van with my munchkins and headed south.

We arrived around 1pm and I dropped off Sugar Pea at the agency.

I drove across the street to a shopping plaza and was unloading children when my cell phone rang.

It was the foster agency--apparently the birth parents forgot what day of the week it was and could not come to their visit--their words not mine.

Soooo I loaded everyone back in the van and picked up Sugar Pea and drove 45 minutes home.

Seriously?

They forgot what day of the week it was?

Sigh




2 comments:

  1. Um...yeah, that's bad...to see their child? Hmmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is why they have visitation.
    That is why you have her living in your home!
    One doesn't have the parental love that matters.
    You have more parental love the over spills into many lives.

    I know, it's the unsung hero's who do all the work.


    Remember, there are little eyes watching your every more. The are learning what it takes to be a parent.
    What it takes to go the extra mile. Even when it's
    disappointing. But most importantly, they know they are safe.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment I love hearing from you!